On Friday I gave into the 80 degree weather and purchased a blender. Craving a non fat yogurt smoothie from JP Licks after work, I decided this would give me the option to try out some new recipes.
Mmm found this recipe on Epicurious but changed it a little bit by using coconut milk and cherry vanilla yogurt.
Wasn’t sure how the unsweetened version of So Delicious’s coconut milk would taste but it’s actually really good. Thanks again, Whole Foods.
I’m having the rest for breakfast tomorrow : )
Makes 2 smoothies
- 1 cup non fat cherry vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup (packed) pitted dates (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Purée yogurt, milk, dates, and vanilla in blender until smooth. Add ice cubes; puree until mixture is thick and smooth. Divide between 2 glasses and serve.