Special thanks to all the professors who pointed me in the right direction. Can’t believe it’s been two years!
I’m a huge fan of instagram (and not just because I like instagraming my awesome bubble tea adventures) but because I love seeing the way customers style Skiler Love, so keep them coming! (There may even be a fun giveaway in the near future..hint hint).
On Instagram, skilerlove On Twitter: @skilerlove
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone who came out on Sunday to support Skiler Love for the first event and show – ever! I had an amazing team of individuals who helped out the night of. Lots of love goes out to my superior hair & make-up team – Mary, Katie, & Bel, gorgeous models – Jennie, Yana, Olea, Amy, Emily, Christine, & Lia, lifesaving gals Charlotte & Delani, talented photographers Melissa & Ron, and Julie & Kayla of The Greatest Bar& Dirty Water TV. I’m sure I’m leaving out a ton of people, so bear with me!
And now for some snapshots in case you missed out. If you would like to be tagged, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All photos by Melissa Charles of www.MCharlesPhotography.com.
Haven’t RSVPed yet? We’ll give you a few more reasons to get on that ASAP 🙂
1. Complimentary admission – Hello! We feel you, money’s tight – that’s why we’re totally encouraging you to spend money on the important things – Like jewelry and drinks!
2. This is the night to dress up in that outfit you bought on impulse and didn’t get a chance to wear this Summer – Those open toe color blocking heels are not a lost cause!
3. You’re a social media junkie. Admit it. Your iphone is pretty much begging you to instagram this night and it hasn’t even arrived yet. Don’t forget to tag us @skilerlove so we can see these juicy photos. And yes, if you must ask – this event will definitely be Facebook worthy.
4. You have a great appreciation for emerging designers and artists and you want to show support.
5. Those business cards that have been lying around – use them. Network. Make new friends (maybe buy them a drink).
6. It’s a bummer when you see someone walking around in the same made in China knockoff and you want to be the first to purchase something unique from the new Skiler Love collection, Bohemian Luxe. Guarenteed to be made right here in Boston.
7. You want to see what all the commotion is about – it’s okay to be curious!
8. To get your hands on one of the limited quantity items that we’re making specifically for the event. A Skiler Love original? Now that’s what I’m talking about.
9. No shipping. If you’re in the Boston area you’re one of the lucky ones. Even if you’re looking for a product that’s not available the night of, we’ll give you free shipping on any orders placed on September 30th. Now isn’t that sweet?
We spotted Chris Evangelista, Editor in Chief of amixofthings.com, wearing Skiler Love’s Bronze Gypsy Life necklace at NYFW today.
Check out how she styled the jewels!
We love a girl who plans ahead!
Take two… adds a vest and swaps the bag for a totally new look!
The most important meal you cant eat, besides from breakfast of course, is the one you eat after your workout. This is because for about an hour after your workout, there’s a period of time when your muscles are literally starving for nutrients, and the meal you eat at this time is crucial for building muscle and replenishing energy sources.
Here are the best things you could eat after a workout–
PROTEIN (repair and growth for muscles) and AMINO ACIDS (the building blocks for protein)
Summer is almost here and it’s a great excuse to start stocking up some of your favorite statement shades! From cat-eyes, perfect circles, two-toned finishes, and to 70’s inspired sunglasses, there’s every possible type of sunglasses out there for our taste. Here are some of our must-have picks for the summer time:
Lemon Round Oversize Sunglasses, $45, TOPSHOP
Refreshing. Cool. Soothing. Mysterious. These are some of the many words that describe the calming color of blue. It is apparent from the Spring 2012 collections of Thakoon, Oscar de la Renta, and Marchesa, that blue is the color of the spring season. Want to see how you can rock the blues without seeming down in the dumps? Well, you’re in luck! Here are some of our favorite looks from the Spring 2012 collections and some items to help inner blues shine.
(TOP, from left to right: Vera Wang, Rodarte, and Diane Von Furstenberg.
BOTTOM, from left to right: Marchesa, Oscar de la Renta, and Alexander Wang.)
1. Blue Woven Skimmer, $29, Kimchi Blue
2. Light Blue Fragrance, $48, Dolce & Gabbana
3. Pleated Shorts, $149, 3.1 Phillip Lim
4. Burnout Silk Kimono, $128, Free People
5. Blue Envelope Tote, $59, Kimchi Blue
6. Phantom Blue Watch, $50, KR3W
7. Primary Cutout Dress, $68, Nasty Gal
8. Cat Eye Sunglasses, $21, ASOS
Want the printed dress look from DVF Spring 2012? Well, here’s a similar dress for less!
Draped Printed Jersey Dress, $290, Thakoon Addition